I support families in two related ways: (1) Care navigation for children with special needs, and (2) as a Relationship Development Intervention consultant.
My services include assisting you in:
- Understanding reports and evaluations and figuring out how to follow through;
- Assembling the best team to address your child's medical needs;
- Finding appropriate therapists;
- Finding the right educational placement;
- Finding enjoyable extracurricular activities that are appropriate for your child;
- Coordinating with schools, clinicians, care providers, and others involved in your child's care to make sure nothing is overlooked;
- Implementing effective parenting strategies; and
- Identifying the most important issues to address.
My goal is to help you to appropriately set your priorities and to give you the tools you need so you can get the best possible support and care for your child. Armed with knowledge, an understanding of how to evaluate the options, and a plan of action, you will be able to navigate clinical care and educational settings more effectively. With this information, you can save both time and money.
In addition to my experience supporting families who are trying to navigate schools, doctors, insurance, and life, I am a Relationship Development Intervention (RDI™) consultant. RDI™ is an individualized training program that helps parents learn how their child's mind works. By working closely with you and your child, I can help you learn how to create meaningful learning opportunities in everyday situations so your child can acquire the social-emotional skills fundamental to making and maintaining meaningful relationships.
Most of my services can be provided to families anywhere in the USA. We can work together via e-mail, telephone, and video chat (Skype, Facetime, Google Chat, etc.). That said, my office is in southern Maryland, near College Park, and I am most familiar with systems, services, and providers in the Washington DC metropolitan area. If you are looking for referrals, I will be most helpful if you live in that region.
We can meet weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or for consultations as needed. I am happy to provide whatever level of support works best for you.